Evanston Mural Arts Program
Evanston Mural Arts Program (EMAP) is Art Encounter’s new public art initiative. Art Encounter has launched the program to help community groups, artists, residents, and business districts uplift their neighborhoods and strengthen their communities through mural art. EMAP works with the City of Evanston, local business districts, and area groups to provide curatorial leadership and project management support towards shared goals of community enrichment, civic engagement, and beautification
EMAP IN THE PRESS!
“A New Public Art Initiative Is Brightening Evanston’s Streetwalls”
By Madeline Makoul, November 15, 2017
“Visual art nonprofit launches Evanston Mural Arts Program”
Gabby Birenbaum , October 13, 2017
Evanston Mural Arts Program Promotional Video on Youtube
By Liz Reeves, Independent Producer with WTTW, October 2018
Projects for 2018:
We have a lot of exciting projects in the works for 2018, our second year of the Evanston Mural Arts Program! This year we will be working with seven community groups and business districts to install FIVE murals across Evanston. Look for painting to begin in late summer at the Church Street Metra underpass, the Green Bay-Ridge-Emerson Metra underpass, the Lake St Metra underpass, and the purple of the Soapies’s building on Chicago Avenue, just north of Hamilton.
Confirmed Artists for 2018:
- Cheri Charlton
- Anthony Lewellen
- Jeff Zimmerman
- More exciting artists will be announced later this summer!
2018 Partners and Sponsors include: Downtown Evanston, Church St Plaza, Evanston Rocks, FD Stonewater, Taco Diablo, Evanston Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, Albion Residential, Evanston Community Foundation, Main Dempster Mile, and the Evanston Arts Council.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE PROGRESS OF THESE MURALS AND TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR ARTIST BY FOLLOWING US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM @evanstonmuralartsprogram
Projects for 2017 included:
– Mural at Central St and Green Bay Rd, with the Evanston Art Center and Central St Business Association. Artist: Nick Goettling
– Mural at Dempster St. and Sherman Ave, with the Main Dempster Mile. Artist: Ruben Aguirre
– Mural at Elmwood and Davis St. with Centrum Evanston. Artist: Shawn Bullen
– Mural at Foster and Ashland St. with the Evanston Arts Council and 5th ward Alderman Robin Rue Simmons. Artist: Alfonso Piloto Nieves Ruiz
– Mural for Y.O.U. building in Evanston. Lead artist: Lea Pinsky with students from Old Orchard Jr. High School
If you wish to discuss about a mural project in your neighborhood, please contact us at email@example.com.