Northern California March 12 -17, 2019
Art and Wine in Northern California
March 12 – 17, 2019
Join Art Encounter for an exciting adventure in the visual arts, along with great cuisine and wine in the Bay area and Napa Valley. We will begin in San Francisco with visits to the newly expanded San Francisco Museum of Modern Art which closed for 3 years in order to triple its exhibition space. Beautifully integrated with the original building designed by—-, the museum now has impressive on-going exhibits by the world’s major modern and contemporary artists. Take this opportunity to see blockbuster shows of Gauguin and late Monet in the elegant De Young Museum situated in the beautiful Golden Gate Park. Meet artists and art collectors to get an inside view of the city’s unique vision. Across the bay, in Oakland, we will visit an artist in her expansive home studio as well as a collection in the Oakland Hills. Then on to Napa Valley to stimulate our eyes and our pallets in wineries with art collections ranging from cutting edge to decorative.
- Newly expanded SFMOMA and great exhibits of contemporary painting, sculpture and photography
- The elegant De Young Museum –special exhibitions of Monet and Gauguin
- Artists’ Studios in San Francisco and Berkeley
- Private collection with views of the Oakland Hills
- Northern California’s renowned cuisine
- Wine tasting and art in Napa Valley
Feel free to add additional dates onto your trip; we would be happy to help you with activities for your extended stay!
For general inquiries or to be added to an interest list please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org