Mural Arts Program 2018 Projects
Our Mural Arts Program had a busy and brilliant second year!
Artists and projects for 2018 included:
- Cheri Charlton
- Cheri led a block-long mural on Lake Street dedicated to the 100 year anniversary of Evanston Girl Scouts. She designed and painted this mural in collaboration with over 200 girl scouts ages 7-17!
- Anthony Lewellen and Jeff Zimmerman
- Anthony and Jeff painted two murals centrally located on Church St celebrating the vitality and energy of the business district downtown Evanston.
- James Marshall aka Dalek painted two dynamic geometric murals in the newly renovated intersection of Green Bay, Ridge, and Emerson, designed in conjunction with the new large scale “Stitch” sculpture.
- Dustin Harris
- Dustin Harris painted an organic, vibrant and graphic mural on South Boulevard Avenue in collaborative planning with the Alderman and community.
- Jason Brown
- Jason Brown (with Lea Pinsky) designed a community-based project of Jason’s “zip code” designs that were painted by over 200 youth at three summer festivals, then installed downtown Evanston in Bookmans’s Alley.
2018 Partners and Sponsors include: Downtown Evanston, Church St Plaza, Evanston Rocks, FD Stonewater, Taco Diablo, Evanston Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northern Illinois, Albion Residential, Evanston Community Foundation, Main Dempster Mile, YEA!, Evanston Chamber of Commerce, Streets Alive Festival, and the Evanston Arts Council.