History & Mission
Founded in 1978
Art Encounter is a nonprofit visual art education organization founded in 1978 with the mission to educate, empower, and connect people of all ages and backgrounds through interactive experiences with art. Our founders developed a unique interactive discussion method that helps people discover artistic concepts while sharing individual perceptions. We bring original art works and workshops to schools, residences for the elderly, and community centers. We also lead groups to museums, art galleries, and private collections to discuss works of art.
Art Encounter is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating, empowering, and connecting people of diverse ages and backgrounds through interactive experiences with visual art.
Art Encounter believes in the power of art to bring people together. To that end we developed an interactive approach in discussing art that helps participants understand art in depth by sharing perceptions. With the belief that the best way to see art is first-hand, we bring people to art venues and “bring the museum” of original artworks to outreach locations serving the following audiences with:
- Innovative art tours and a worldwide art travel program for all art enthusiasts.
- Creative workshops for public school students.
- Art-based social programs for seniors and multi-generational groups.
- Tactile-centered workshops for the visually disabled.
- Communal critique sessions for artists.