For the past 40 years, we have developed original outreach programming that develops visual literacy, nurtures an appreciation of contemporary art, and provides enriching explorations in art making. We see to offer extensive initiatives that serve public school students, older adults, individuals with special needs, and other populations in need.
Our programming is two-fold. First, we bring our “mobile museum” to our outreach venues, so that the participants can view and understand concepts such as texture, colors, images, and artistic processes up close and in person. Second, we conduct activities that facilitate hands-on art making, which develops self-confidence and creativity, supports small motor skills, and enriches aesthetic appreciation. Participants in our outreach programs discover their own artistic voice and point-of-view regarding contemporary art, and uncover the artist within themselves.
We currently offer the following programs:
In-school residency programs:
- ARTiculations– an eight week in-school integrated art and writing residency
- MathART– an eight week in-school art and math residency
- The Language of Art– a three week art-making and writing residency
- Insight On-Site– a one or two session art discussion based residency
After School Programs: including mural projects, found object sculptures, painting, drawing and more
- Hats Off To Art– a six week imagination-building workshop in retirement and senior residences
- Picturing Thoughts– a seven week memory art workshop in retirement and senior residences
- Weekly Art Classes- ongoing art classes at senior residences
- Linking Generations– a collaborative workshop pairing teenagers and seniors
- Monthly critique classes- for working artists seeking community in their practice