“I have learned that my students have multiple modalities and ways to express themselves creatively. I have been able to use the techniques and Art Encounter’s vocabulary into my day-to-day lessons. The students have found a variety of ways to express their artwork versus just doing the ordinary or expected thing to do. They have found their inner artist and creativity!”
-Janet Torres, teacher at Haugan School
Our community outreach programs in schools are at the heart of our organization’s mission. We empower students from a broad range of backgrounds through engaging explorations of art that critical thinking, creativity, and self-discovery. Our signature approach of discussing original artworks embraces individual perceptions, while our hands-on workshops build self-confidence and a deeper understanding of the creative process.
- ARTiculations: Ten-week art and writing residency ending in a visit to the Art Institute of Chicago
- The Language of Art: Three-week residency with professional artist visit
- Insight Onsight: One- or two-session discussions of original artwork led by our teaching artists
- School-Based Clubs
Art Encounter would love to work with you to create a custom program that fits the needs of your school and students! For more information, email our Community Outreach Manager, Leslie Luning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our outreach programs have maintained long partnerships with the following schools:
• Courtney Language Arts Center
• Dewey Academy
• DeWitt Clinton Elementary
• Gale Math and Science Academy
• Goethe Elementary School
• Haugan Elementary
• Kingsley School (Evanston)
• Langford Academy
• Manierre Elementary School
• North River Elementary
• Oakdale Elementary
• Oakdale School (Waukegan)
• Orrington School (Evanston)
• Otis World Language Academy.
• Washington School (Evanston)