ST. LOUIS: ART, HISTORY, AND ALL THAT JAZZ! JUNE 2020
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI AND SPRINGFIELD, IL
Tues. June 23 – Fri. June 26
Early Registration Price: $1875*
For registration prior to April 1, 2020 only.
Regular Price: $1995*
*Single Room Supplement: $225
Join Art Encounter artists Jill King and Sarah Packer in an exploration of great art, architecture, and history on a motor coach trip to Missouri’s Gateway City and the Illinois state capital. After checking into our hotel, we’ll get an inside view of the St. Louis art world by visiting artists’ studios. The next day begins at the Gateway Arch, perhaps one of the largest sculptures in the world, followed by an architecture and history tour with a local guide. We will explore the elegant St. Louis Art Museum in Forest Park, with its outstanding collection of contemporary German artists, see Washington University’s newly-expanded Kemper Art Museum, and have a taste of St. Louis nightlife at a renowned jazz club. We will also discover the unique Pulitzer Arts Foundation, a privately-owned museum designed by the great Spanish architect Tadao Ando, which presents contemporary art and art history in dialogue. Then we will enjoy an immersive art experience as we delve into an amazing art installation by Ebony G. Patterson at the Contemporary Art Museum. A high point of our trip will be a tour of the 105-acre Laumiere Sculpture Garden. On our way back to Chicago, we will stop in Springfield, IL to visit the Frank Lloyd Wright Dana House and the newly renovated Governor’s mansion.
*Itinerary is in development and is subject to change. Please email Sarah Packer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Great museums, each an architectural gem with a different artistic focus
- A privately guided history and architecture tour
- Personal encounters in artist studios
- An evening of dinner and music at a renowned St. Louis jazz/blues club
- Sculptures integrated into beautiful landscapes
- Lodging at the fun and fabulous Angad Arts Hotel in St. Louis’ Grand Center Arts District, which houses its own art exhibitions
- A journey back in time to several historic homes in Springfield, Illinois
Interested in joining us?
Please email our Art Tours and Travel Manager Sarah Packer at email@example.com to register.