Havana, Cuba: February 8-16, 2014
Art Encounter invites you to join artists Joanna Pinsky and Ellen Kamerling on a unique People to People trip that provides a rare insight into Cuba. Art Encounter’s eleventh trip to Havana explores Cuba’s artistic wealth through a lens that focuses on history, architecture, music, art and dance. You will discover Cuba’s national treasure – its people! Joanna and Ellen’s “art encounters” bring you together with Cuba’s creative community. You will have a unique opportunity to connect with the people of a country caught in a time warp about to change.
• Guided tour of the Museum of Fine Arts to see Cuba’s major artists
• Private visits to meet artists with international reputations in their homes and studios
• Meet visionary artist Salvatore Gonzales in the neighborhood he transformed with extraordinary murals and “found art” sculptures
• Art Spaces in Plaza Vieja: Atelier Grafica and Wilfredo Lam Center in Plaza Catedral
• Private performances and discussions with two dance companies
• Private roof-top concert of Cuban music with Pablo Menendez and his Mexcla group
• Day trip to the countryside to see a rural art community and the Cuban Biosphere
• Private lunch at artist Jose Fuster’s folk art compound in Jaminitas to see how he has transformed a community with mosaics
This trip will fill very quickly. Reservations with deposits will be taken in the order received.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for trip brochure